|Title:||Front Desk Manager|
|Location:||Silver Spring, MD|
FRONT DESK MANAGER
SILVER SPRING, MARYLAND
Located just minutes from Washington, D.C., the Tommy Douglas Conference Center's (TDCC) 21st century training and education facility sits on over 45 acres of lush grounds, offering a peaceful and serene setting to inspire creativity and productive meetings. Our mission is to provide a unique learning environment for unions and like-minded progressive organizations to gather, learn and strategize, while optimizing collaboration and camaraderie.
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Front Desk Clerk; Reservations Clerk; Night Auditor
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Hospitality Business or related field.
- Three or more years’ experience in front office positions in Hospitality or conference centers.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Develop and manage front office systems for revenue management and guest, reservations, registration, accounting and check-out.
- Supervise front office employees.
- Analyze property management system (PMS) data for front office decision-making.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Supervise all front office personnel. Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure guest satisfaction and proper completion of all front office tasks.
- Trains, cross-trains and retrains all front office personnel.
- Develops and implements all front office standard operating procedures.
- Schedules and supervises front office staff.
- Maintains effective relationships and communication with all other departments.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated to ensure maximum revenue.
- Resolves member and guest problems quickly, efficiently and courteously.
- Updates group information; maintains, monitors and prepares group requirements; relays information to all concerned staff members; maintains function board in lobby.
- Manages within allotted budget restraints; takes corrective actions to help assure that budget goals are attained.
- Receives information from the department managers and passes on pertinent information to the incoming shift personnel.
- Conducts monthly meetings of front office personnel.
- Collects information required for daily and other revenue records; analyzes and makes recommendations regarding this information.
- Manages the routing of telephone, facsimile, mail and other messages to members and guests.
- Provides concierge-type services to guests.
- Handles all conference center and room reservations, cancellations, no-shows and billings.
- Expedites member and guest check-ins and departures.
- Informs Housekeeping and Engineering departments as problems arise.
- Maintains inventory, upkeep, repair and installation requests for all telephone, postal and credit card equipment.
- Attends weekly staff and other meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the General Manager.
Licenses and Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to sit for a long period of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop or kneel to access files.
- Must be able to see the computer screen, paperwork, etc.