|Title:||Conference and Sales Events Manager|
|Location:||Silver Spring, MD|
CONFERENCE AND SALES EVENTS MANAGER
SILVER SPRING, MARYLAND
The Conference & Events Sales Manager’s main objective is to generate income from events and conferences. The Conference AND Sales Events Manager plays a crucial role in the success of the Tommy Douglas Conference Center (TDCC).
The ideal candidate will display a passion for the hospitality industry and have a strong track record in sales with a solid background in event delivery and logistics. They will be proactive, hardworking and able to work under their own initiative. With a strong commercial mind, they must be able to identify opportunities for revenue growth and then strategically plan to deliver on these opportunities.
In this multifaceted role (involving sales strategy, financial planning and forecasting, marketing and communications and operational delivery) the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills and display a high level of organizational and project management ability.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Plans, directs, coordinates, promotes, and execute's the conference centers events designed to enhance the clients overall enjoyment and to retain repeat customers.
Main duties of the role:
- To achieve sales targets and expand the business
- Respond to sales inquiries and process room bookings
- Proactively sell the conference center to new clients
- Proactive account management of existing clients to grow revenue
- Actively seek and support marketing opportunities for the conference center
- Supervise inquiry handling process to ensure effective conversion rate
- Successful event coordination/delivery to consistently high standards
- Supervise event planning and delivery with overall responsibility
- Work closely with the internal Food & Beverage operations to ensure a successful event
- Collaborate with other departments and operational staff to ensure a high quality of event delivery
- Liaison with the Engineering and Maintenance department to ensure that all meeting rooms are serviced and set up ready to the client’s specification
- Analyze sales activity and issue monthly reports
- Contribute to budgeting process
- Management of client contracts and paperwork
- Coordinate the invoicing process to ensure that payments are properly processed
- Keep an up-to-date the database of clients and prospective clients to maintain a reliable database
- Monitor and regularly review competitors to ensure that the TDCC remains competitive as a conference and events venue
- TDCC- Understanding and supporting the vision, mission and goals of the Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to stand for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop and kneel.
- Must have the visual acuity to see the computer screen and paperwork.
The ATU Training and Education Center (ATU-TEC)/Tommy Douglas Conference Center (TDCC) is an equal opportunity employer that makes decisions without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability status, veteran status, genetic status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law. In the event that you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify the person distributing or accepting this application.